The Fray Theory Review

Title: The Fray Theory
Author: Nelou Keramati
Series: The Fray Theory #1
Publisher: Finch Hill
Publication Date: 31 August 2016
Source: Purchased
Format: E-Book
Pages: 350
Rating: 4.5 Stars
Reading Timeline: 4 January 2017-5 January 2017











Goodreads Synopsis:

Neve Knightly lives in an ordinary world. Where déjà vu is nothing more than a mind trick. Where premonitions are dismissed as mere coincidence. Where no one thinks twice about the glitches in their reality. 

Neve Knightly is living a lie. But when her nightmare of a tragedy comes true the very next day, she can no longer seek solace in self-deception. The glossy enamel has been shattered, and she has caught a glimpse of what slithers beneath the surface. She now has the opportunity to decipher the enigma that’s been haunting her since childhood. But her quest soon becomes deeply entailed with the last toe people he could have ever imagined: the love of her life, Dylan, who mysteriously vanished three years ago, and his estranged best friend, Romer, who seems to be guarding a secret of his own. 

Romance, rancor, and redemption plummet as priorities, as their lives become riddled with peculiar happening lying just outside the realm of science. And in search for salvation, they emerge at the brink of the unveiling the best-kept secret in human history.


Book Review:
Pre-reading Thoughts:

I got this book early in December last year. It was all over this one bookstagrammer’s feed so I thought I would give it a shot. It sounded very interesting and the author actually drew her own cover! Which I thought was cool. But I decided to pick it up now mainly because I couldn’t decide what to read. I am hoping this will help with my indecisiveness…

Writing Thoughts:

This book is written in present tense but in third perspective. It was definitely something to get used to mainly because this form of writing isn’t very popular. But I really enjoyed it nonetheless. It was extremely entertaining and smooth. The flow of the sentences and the words was well structured which allowed for quick reading. 

Plot Thoughts:

At first I was confused because I thought it was supposed to be a paranormal novel or something of that kind but it didn’t seem like it. As the story progressed you got hints of the paranormal element until it hits you right in the face and kind of scares the crap out of you.


I really enjoyed how things played out in this book it was just amazing. 


Character Thoughts:

I don’t want to pin point any characters in this novel, instead I am just going to give my overall opinions on them because otherwise we will be here all day…


I loved these characters. They were funny, sassy, full of emotions and just incredible. All the characters in this story are complex except maybe for Neve’s (our main character) mom. Neve was probably my favorite character in this story. 

Final Thoughts:

Overall, I loved this story. It is definitely something that I will recommend to people. It’s well written and the plot is so intriguing. This entire book is just fantastic. I really enjoy this and I cannot wait for the second book in this series which is actually coming out one of these days!

Yours in Reading,

Melleny



Comments

Popular Posts