Raindrops Review

Title: Raindrops
Author: Ayo Ajumobi
Series: Not Applicable
Publisher: Self-published
Publication Date: 8 May 2016
Source: Author
Format: E-book
Pages: 67
Rating: 4 Stars
Reading Timeline: 8 April 2017










Goodreads Synopsis:

From a suckling cub that loses her mother, to a canary that couldn't sing, Woody and his friends care deeply for all the animals in the forest. But everything changed with It walked.

Unlike the other animals, this was conscious of their presence as it looked at them with eyes that held more intelligence that they dared to admit. How little it looked, how vulnerable it seemed. How wrong the trees were to underestimate it. Woody will soon learn that the complex ways of men as he is forced to let go of all that is dear to him; his home, his friends and takes a stand in a world that offers little for his kind

Book Review:
Pre-reading Thoughts:

The author was kind enough to send this to me a while back. I am actually pretty excited to get into this short book because of how intriguing the synopsis sounds. It definitely sounds unique and different from what I typically read. And I'm sure that it will fly by quickly because if how short it is. Please note that in no way has receiving this book affected my opinion. All thoughts are my own.

Writing Thoughts:

This book was so well written. I really enjoyed reading it. The sentences and the words flowed well together and overall I really liked the writing style of this book. 

Plot Thoughts:

The plot was really interesting and unique. We read our story from the perspective of a standbyer. We get subtle hints of who the person is telling the story. I really enjoyed this story. I thought that it was intriguing from page one until the end. Every time that we read about an animal it was as if it was it was standing right in front of me.

Character Thoughts:

I adored all of the little animals that were brought life. They all held certain characteristics and it was a joy to read about them, especially the young bear cub. I definitely think that the author captured the animals quite well.

Final Thoughts:

Overall, I thought that this was a great read. I really enjoyed reading about the animal's stories. I highly recommend this to young readers because of the writing style and diction used, I would even suggest this to readers who have younger family members. Thank you so much to the author for sending me this book. I loved it!

Yours in Reading,

Melleny

Comments

Popular Posts